You shouldn’t have to think about where to turn for help. Just ask.

A Student Support and Wellbeing team member will get back to you within 1 business day. Or scroll down for more.

Top 5 Questions
Students Are Asking Right Now

Learn more about requesting hardware through IS&T’s Computing Equipment Loan Program. If you’re an undergraduate student or a graduate TA, you can also request an iPad loaner bundle for the 2020-2021 academic year.

To safeguard the health and wellbeing of our entire community, MIT requires anyone who routinely accesses campus buildings to be tested for COVID-19, complete a safety training, and comply with MIT, state, and local policies and guidelines. MIT created the Covid Pass app to help community members comply with these requirements.

During the COVID-19 emergency, MIT’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services are offering telehealth appointments for eligible MIT students. To find out if you’re eligible and schedule an appointment, call (617) 253-2916. You’ll need to fill out the informed consent for telehealth treatment form and return it to the email address listed on the form (Adobe Acrobat required for e-signature).

MIT is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation and taking action to protect the health and wellbeing of MIT students, faculty, and staff, as well as our neighboring communities. Updated policies for on-campus undergraduate housing and on-campus graduate housing have been guided by MIT Medical and the Institute’s Emergency Management Team. 

For undergraduates, if you need help or support during this time, please email and someone will respond as soon as possible. If you’re connected to a dean in S3, please email your dean directly. You can also call (617) 253-4861 and leave a voicemail. 

For graduate students, Grad Support provides consultation, coaching, and advocacy on matters related to academic and life challenges. If you’re dealing with an issue that’s impacting your ability to attend class, complete work, or take an exam, email or call (617) 253-4860. 

Frequently Used Forms

I need help covering an unforeseen, essential expense.

I’m concerned about another student’s wellbeing, but it’s not an emergency.

I need to change my major.

I need to add/change/drop a course.

I need to transition to a light tuition load.